Monday, February 15, 2010

John 11:26

This isn't from me, but my dear friend Malcolm Taylor. Please pray for him and his family as they mourn the loss of their brother, son, grandson, nephew, cousin, and friend Clinton:

Dear Friends:

Today we lost our brother, Clinton Taylor. Words cannot express our sorrow and grief over our loss. All of us have cried so much that we could fill up a well. And yet, as we hugged Clinton one last time, we told him that “God gave Him to us, and God will get him back.” This is the only comfort we have in Clinton’s death. We know that God has welcomed Clinton into heaven tonight with open arms.

Last night when Mom left Children’s Hospital, she tried to repeat the 23rd Psalm; however, she told us that she kept stopping at the verse, “even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.” Perhaps her lack for memory or concentration was God’s way of preparing us for what was ahead today.

When you read this, we ask that you recite Psalm 23. It will be a comfort to the Taylor family, our extended family, friends and to Clinton, for he would not want us to worry about him. Clinton was a special child of God, and we will always remember the love he had for all of us.

Thank you for your love, care, concern, and support. It means a lot to us and to our parents.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures;

He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul;

He leads me in paths of righteousness

For His name’s sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me;

Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.

Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

Thou hast anointed by head with oil;

My cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life,

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Malcolm, Lottice, and Emma Taylor, loving siblings of Clinton Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment